BBC - Weather Centre - Forecast for Llandudno, United Kingdom

Saturday 28 March 2009

Spain 1

It is raining here. Shit, Climbing has been good so far. I´ve stuck to my game plan, no onsighting, no stamina. Fell off the last move of one 8a and fallen off the crux dyno on le Cara, should do it if the weather picks up. Today i tried Darwin Dixit at Margalef. Made famous by Dave Macleod who claimed the first 8c solo. The route is amazing, very steep start to a mono move and some pockets. It is however a long way from 8c, the holds are all jugs except the mono and thats a juggy mono! I flashed most of the moves. Very good solo but more like 8b/+. Easier than Melancholie, Simpson agreed. Cool crag. I would like to come back and do it some day. Rain rain go away come again another day.

3 comments:

Paul Bennett said...

I thought everyone was well aware of that already...

Doylo said...

Well i wasn´t. Its a shame really. I wish the top boys would keep it real.

Paul Bennett said...

I just look at it like this; which 8c's in Britain would anyone try and solo, or do with bare feet. I can't think of any.